Game #128: Jackson Generals 26-32 (57-70) at Huntsville Stars 27-31 (73-55)
Time/Place: 6:30 pm CT | Joe Davis Stadium | Huntsville, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Stephen Landazuri (6-4, 3.83 vs. RHP Austin Ross (0-2, 3.72)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue a 5-game road series at Huntsville (1-2) with game 4 of the set…this is Jackson’s 5th and final series with Huntsville this season and are 12-11 overall against the Stars and 5-8 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 3B D.J. Peterson hit 2 home runs and drove in 4 runs as Jackson defeated Huntsville 6-2 in game 1 of a doubleheader on Tuesday.
• Peterson (2×4, 2 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI) recorded his 4th career multi-home run game, but first with Jackson (last: 5/23/14 at Bakersfield w/High Desert). He hit a 1-out, 2-run home run in the 3rd inning and 2-out, 2-run blast in the 4th inning. CF Patrick Kivlehan (2×4, R) recorded the team’s only other multi-hit effort, while RF Jabari Blash (1×3, R, HR, RBI, BB) and LF Dan Paolini (1×2, RBI, BB) each drove in 1 of the Generals 6 runs.
• Starter Tyler Olson (5.1,7,2,2,0,4,HR) earned his 8th win of the season, allowing 2 runs on 7 hits over 5.1 innings. RH Trevor Miller (1.2,1,0,0,2,0,WP) picked up his 3rd save of the season, allwong only 1 hits and 2 walks over 1.2 scoreless innings.
• In the nightcap, DH D.J. Peterson drove in the Generals runs as Jackson lost to Huntsville 1-2 in 8.0 innings. Peterson (2×3, RBI) led the team with 2 hits, while CF Leon Landry (1×3, R, 3B) and 1B Jordy Lara (1×3, 2B) each had 1 of the Generals 4 hits.
• Starter Moises Hernandez (3.2,3,1,1,0,1) allowed 1 run on 3 hits in 3.2 innings, but did not factor into the decision. LH Kyle Hunter (2.1,1,0,0,1,2) held the Stars scoreless over 2.1 innings, while RH Matt Brazis (1.1,2,1,1,2,2) recorded the loss after allowing a run with only 1 out in the bottom of the 8th
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that Leon Landry hit his 3rd triple in his last 4 games in game two last night, but DID YOU KNOW? that Landry is now T-3rd in club history with 9 this season and 1 behind last year’s 10 hit by James
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Final Trip to Huntsville for Jackson – With the Huntsville franchise moving to a brand new ballpark in Biloxi, MS for 2015, this is the Jackson franchises final trip to Joe Davis Stadium.
• The Generals are 12-11 against Huntsville this season and are batting .279 with 18 home runs. The Stars are batting .256 against Jackson and the Generals have out-scored the Stars 110-94 in the 23 games.
• Homer Happy Generals – After blasting 6 home runs in the first 3 games of the series at Huntsville, Jackson has 40 home runs over their last 46 games since July 1st, ranking T-1st in the SL. Birmingham is tied with Jackson.
• The Generals are in the midst of playing 21 games in 21 days to close the season (4-5) including 5 more home games against Chattanooga (8/22-8/26) with current road trip to Huntsville and Montgomery. 6 of the final 11 games are against North Division foes. Jackson is 33-31 against their remaining opponents.
• Olson gets the win in game 1 on Tuesday – Over his last 4 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 3-1 with a 1.09 ERA (3 ER, 24.2 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .223 (21×94) average, while walking 4 and striking out 20. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 5-2 with a 2.41 ERA (11 ER, 41.0 IP) over his last 7 starts.
• LH Kyle Hunter has not allowed a run over his last 19.2 innings (11G/1GS). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .191 (13×68) average, while walking 5 and striking 11.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 201 IP over 8 relief app. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .191 (13×68) AVG, while walking 4 and striking out 17.
• OF Dario Pizzano has a hit in 5 of his last 6 games batting .368 (7×19), with 4 doubles, 1 home run and 5 RBI.
• OF Leon Landry has recorded a hit in 9 of his last 11 games, batting .302 (13×43) with 8 runs scored, 2 doubles, 3 triples, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 1 stolen base.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 9 of his last 11 games, batting .326 (14×43) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 8 RBI and 2 walks.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is 1st in all of MiLB in hits with 163 this season. T
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 102 3rd 1st
Patrick Kivlehan 98 T-4th 2nd
Jordy Lara 96 T-6th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-9th T-1st
Jordy Lara 24 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th