Game Central (Tuesday, August 19) at Huntsville – Doubleheader
Game #126/127: Jackson Generals 25-31 (56-69) at Huntsville Stars 26-30 (72-54)
Time/Place: 5:30 pm CT | Joe Davis Stadium | Huntsville, Alabama
Game 1: LHP Tyler Olson (7-7, 3.80) vs. RHP LHP Jed Bradley (5-6, 3.89)
Game 2: RHP Moises Hernandez (0-7, 5.57) vs.RHP Jacob Barnes (2-5, 4.36)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look to stop a 4-game losing streak with a doubleheader which includes game 2 and 3 of the 5-game road series at Huntsville (0-1)…this is Jackson’s 5th and final series with Huntsville this season and are 11-9 overall against the Stars and 4-7 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• On Monday, the Generals and Stars were postponed due to inclement weather and heavy rains in Huntsville.
HOMER HAPPY GENERALS:
• After 3 home runs on Sunday, Jackson currently has a league-leading 18 homers in the month of August and despite ranking 7th with 79 on the season, they rank T-1st with Birmingham, blasting 39 long balls since July 1st.
RARE RAIN OUT FOR GENERALS:
• In the Southern Leagu, rain outs become quite common, but for Jackson this was the first rain out since July 14th at home against Birmingham and 5th on the season.
• The Generals have been washed out just 3 times at home this season which is T-2nd fewest in the league this season.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that C Tyler Marlette was promoted from High Desert on Monday, but DID YOU KNOW? that he will be the 53rd player to wear a Generals uniform this season. The most since 2010 when 56 players played for Jackson.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Final Trip to Huntsville for Jackson – With the Huntsville franchise moving to a brand new ballpark in Biloxi, MS for 2015, this is the Jackson franchises final trip to Joe Davis Stadium.
• The Generals are 11-10 against Huntsville this season and are batting .283 with 15 home runs. The Stars are batting .256 against Jackson and the Generals have out-scored the Stars 103-90 in the 21 games.
• The Generals are in the midst of playing 21 games in 21 days to close the season (3-4) including 5 more home games against Chattanooga (8/22-8/26) with road trips to Huntsville and Montgomery. 8 of the final 13 games are against North Division foes. Jackson is 32-30 against their remaining opponents.
• Today’s G1 starter Tyler Olson off to a great start in August –
• Over his last 3 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 2-1 with a 0.47 ERA (1 ER, 19.1 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .200 (14×70) average, while walking 4 and striking out 16.
• LH Kyle Hunter has not allowed a run over his last 16.1 innings (9G/1GS). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .193 (11×57) average, while walking 4 and striking 7.
• RHP Trevor Miller earned his 2nd save in his last 3 outings Tuesday night. Miller is now 2-1, with a 1.64 ERA, with 39 strikeouts and 11 walks in 14 games as a reliever. As a starter, Miller is 3-7, with a 5.45 ERA, with 46 strikeouts and 30 walks in 13 starts.
• OF Dario Pizzano currently has a 5-game hit streak, batting .400 (8×20) with 3 runs 4 doubles, 1 home run, 6 RBI and 5 walks.
• OF Leon Landry has recorded a hit in each of his last 8 games, batting .333 (12×36) with 7 runs scored, 2 doubles, 2 triple, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 1 stolen base.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 13 of his last 15 games, batting .333 (19×57) with 12 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 10 RBI, 6 walks and 3 stolen bases.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is T-1st in all of MiLB in hits with 162 this season. These numbers for each player are between High Desert and Jackson.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
Patrick Kivlehan 98 4th 1st
D.J. Peterson 97 5th 2nd
Jordy Lara 96 6th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 26 T-8th 2nd
Jordy Lara 23 T-10th 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .341 T-16th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .308 — 4th
D.J. Peterson .296 — 6th