Game Central (Monday, August 18) at Huntsville
Game #126: Jackson Generals 25-31 (56-69) at Huntsville Stars 26-30 (72-54)
Time/Place: 6:30 pm CT | Joe Davis Stadium | Huntsville, Alabama
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Olson (7-7, 3.80) vs. RHP Jacob Barnes (2-5, 4.36)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals look to stop a 4-game losing streak with game 2 of a 5-game road series at Huntsville (0-1)…this is Jackson’s 5th and final series with Huntsville this season and are 11-9 overall against the Stars and 4-7 at Joe Davis Stadium.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• DH Dario Pizzano (solo), SS Tyler Smith (2-run) and RF Jordy Lara (3-run) each homered as part of a 6-run 3rd inning, but it wasn’t enough as the Stars scored 8 unanswered runs as Jackson fell to Huntsville 8-6 on Sunday.
• Pizzano (3×4, R, 3B, HR, RBI) and CF Leon Landry (3×5, R, 3B) each led the team with 3 hits, while Smith 92×4, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB) recorded the Generals only other multi-hit game. Lara (1×5, R, HR, 3 RBI) recorded his 16th RBI.
• Starter Cam Hobson (5.2,5,3,2,1,4,HR) allowed 3 runs (2 ER) on 5 hits over 5.2 innings, but did not factor into the decision. RH Stephen Shackleford (1.0,2,1,1,1,0), LH Nick Hill (0.2,2,2,2,0,1) and RH Mayckol Guaipe (0.2,2,2,2,0,0,HR) combined to allow 6 runs (5 ER) over 2.1 innings in relief. Guaipe recorded his 3rd loss of the season, after being charged with 2 runs as part of a 4-run 8th inning.
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that C Tyler Marlette was promoted from High Desert on Monday, but DID YOU KNOW? that he will be the 53rd player to wear a Generals uniform this season. The most since 2010 when 56 players played for Jackson.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Final Trip to Huntsville for Jackson – With the Huntsville franchise moving to a brand new ballpark in Biloxi, MS for 2015, this is the Jackson franchises final trip to Joe Davis Stadium.
• The Generals are 11-10 against Huntsville this season and are batting .283 with 15 home runs. The Stars are batting .256 against Jackson and the Generals have out-scored the Stars 103-90 in the 21 games.
• The Generals are in the midst of playing 21 games in 21 days to close the season (3-4) including 5 more home games against Chattanooga (8/22-8/26) with road trips to Huntsville and Montgomery. 8 of the final 13 games are against North Division foes. Jackson is 32-30 against their remaining opponents.
• Today’s starter Tyler Olson off to a great start in August –
• Over his last 3 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 2-1 with a 0.47 ERA (1 ER, 19.1 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .200 (14×70) average, while walking 4 and striking out 16.
• LH Kyle Hunter has not allowed a run over his last 16.1 innings (9G/1GS). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .193 (11×57) average, while walking 4 and striking 7.
• RHP Trevor Miller earned his 2nd save in his last 3 outings Tuesday night. Miller is now 2-1, with a 1.64 ERA, with 39 strikeouts and 11 walks in 14 games as a reliever. As a starter, Miller is 3-7, with a 5.45 ERA, with 46 strikeouts and 30 walks in 13 starts.
• OF Dario Pizzano currently has a 5-game hit streak, batting .400 (8×20) with 3 runs 4 doubles, 1 home run, 6 RBI and 5 walks.
• OF Leon Landry has recorded a hit in each of his last 8 games, batting .333 (12×36) with 7 runs scored, 2 doubles, 2 triple, 1 home run, 1 RBI, 1 walk and 1 stolen base.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan has hit safely in 13 of his last 15 games, batting .333 (19×57) with 12 runs scored, 4 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 10 RBI, 6 walks and 3 stolen bases.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Seattle Mariners organization. Lara currently is T-1st in all of MiLB in hits with 162 this season. These numbers for each player are between High Desert and Jackson.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
Patrick Kivlehan 98 4th 1st
D.J. Peterson 97 5th 2nd
Jordy Lara 96 6th 3rd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 26 T-8th 2nd
Jordy Lara 23 T-10th 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 19 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .341 T-16th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .308 — 4th
D.J. Peterson .296 — 6th