Game #134: Jackson Generals 29-35 (60-73) vs, Chattanooga Lookouts 30-32 (56-76)
Time/Place: 7:05 pm CT | Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (7-5, 3.78) vs. RHP Jeremy Kehrt (1-0, 2.25)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals conclude their final homestand of the season, with the rubber match of a 5-game series with the Chattanooga Lookouts (2-2). Jackson is 3.0 games back, T-3rd place in the North standings with 6 to play…Jackson closes the season with a 5-game road series at Montgomery (8/28-9/1).
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
IN CASE OF 2ND HALF TIE AT THE TOP OF DIVISION:
• 1. Head-to-head competition in the half
• 2. Division Individual win percentage in that half
• 3. Head-to-head run differential
• 4. Coin flip by league office
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU (MAY) ALREADY KNOW that INF Dan Paolini recorded his 31st double of the year on Saturday, but DID YOU KNOW? that he has posted the most doubles in a Jackson season since 2010 when Johan Limonta recorded 41 and Alex Liddi, 37.
• Big Rookie Year for 2013 General LH Roenis Elias: Despite suffereing the loss last night against Texas, Elias struck out 6 batters and now has 131 strikeouts on the season…He passed Matt Young (130) for 4th on the Mariners rookie strikeout list and trails Mark Langston (204 in 1984), Michael Pineda (173 in 2011) & Freddy Garcia (170 in 1999).
ODDS AND ENDS:
• “LOOKOUT” It has been a while – The Generals are facing the Chattanooga Lookouts for the first time since a series April 19-23 in Jackson. The Generals are 7-7 against Chattanooga and 3-5 in Jackson this season.
• Familiar Names for Lookouts – Sunday’s 1B Alex Liddi, once a top prospect for the Mariners played in 134 games for Jackson in 2010, batting .281 with 15 home runs, 37 doubles, 8 triples, and had a .353 on-base percentage. The now 26-year-old wa a 2010 SL All-Star.
• Chattanooga SS Corey Seager is the youngest brother of former General and current M’s All-Star 3B Kyle Seager. Corey was the Dodgers 1st round pick, 18th overall in 2012. He is rated by Baseball America as LA’s No.2 overall prospect. Kyle’s middle brother Justin currently plays for Seattle’s Low-A affiliate in Clinton.
• Looking for another season series win – Today’s season series finale is the rubber match of the current series and season series with it tied 7-7. Jackson has won season series’ over Huntsville (13-12) and Birmingham (9-6) in the North, while dropping the season series with Tennesse (5-9).
• Leading the SL in Homers Since July 1st – After hitting just 40 home runs over their first 81 games, Jackson has hit 47 home runs over their last 51 games since July 1st which leads the SouthernLeague in that period of time. The Generals have hit league-leading 26 home runs in August and 11 in their last 8 games.
• Tyler Olson remains hot on the mound – Over his last 5 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 4-1 with a 1.45 ERA (5 ER, 31.0 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .220 (26×118) average, while walking 5 and striking out 27. After going 3-5 with a 4.56 ERA (36 ER, 71.0 IP) over his first 13 AA starts, Olson is 6-2 with a 2.48 ERA (13 ER, 47.1 IP) over his last 8 starts.
• RH Trevor Miller has not allowed an earned run in his last 23.1 innings over 10 relief appearances. During this stretch, since July 24, he has limited opponents to a .203 (16×79) average, while walking 4 and striking out 19.
• The Generals got a 2 out, 2-run single from 3B D.J. Peterson (1×3, 2 RBI) in the bottom of the 7th to give Jackson a 2-1 lead and win over Chattanooga on Monday.
• SS Tyler Smith (2×4) had 2 of Jackson’s 5 hits Monday as the Generals evened the series at 2-2 with the Lookouts.
• Starter Stephen Landazuri (6.1,5,1,1,5,5) gave Jackson a quality start, but did not factor into the decision while reliever LH Kyle Hunter (1.2,0,0,0,1,0) picked up his 4th win and RH Mayckol Guaipe (1.0,1,0,0,0,2) earned his 2nd straight save on the mound.
KIVLEHAN, LARA & PETERSON PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS:
• Overall this season, Patrick Klvlehan, Jordy Lara and D.J. Peterson have put up impressive numbers that rank among the best in MiLB. Here is how they rank in all of MiLB and the Mariners organization. Lara is 2nd in all of MiLB in hits with 171 this season. Kivlehan, Peterson and Lara are the first Mariners farmhands to reach 100 RBI’s this season.
Player RBI’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J. Peterson 104 3rd 1st
Patrick Kivlehan 101 T-5th T-2nd
Jordy Lara 101 T-5th T-2nd
Home Run Totals:
Player HR’s MiLB Rank Org Rank
D.J Peterson 28 T-12th 2nd
Jordy Lara 26 — 3rd
Patrick Kivlehan 20 — 4th
Batting Average Totals
Player AVG MiLB Rank Org Rank
Jordy Lara .337 T-18th 1st
Patrick Kivlehan .296 — T-6th
D.J. Peterson .296 — T-6th