Game Central (Saturday, May 3rd) vs. Pensacola
Game #29: Jackson Generals (14-14) vs. Pensacola Blue Wahoos (11-17) | 6:05 pm | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Cam Hobson (3-1,3.14) vs. RHP Michael Lorenzen (2-1, 1.88)
Promotions: Star Wars Night, Postgame High Tech Special Effects Fireworks, 26 Star Wars Characters, Reading Night (Union), Post and Pregame Concert by Kimberly Helton.
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Archived Generals Interviews: Generals YouTube
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue their five-game series (2-1) with Pensacola tonight with game four of the set..the Generals went 1-4 on the last road trip to Mobile and are 5-5 in the last 10 games…this is the 4th of 10 meetings this season with the Wahoos and their only visit to Jackson.
• Tonight is Star Wars Night, with a Postgame High Tech Special Effects Fireworks Extravaganza. There will also be a pre and postgame concert by Kimberly Helton.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• 1B Dan Paolini (0x2, RBI, BB) drove in the Generals lone run in the bottom of the first inning as Jackson lost to Pensacola 4-1 on Friday night.
• SS Ketel Marte (2×4, R, 2 SB) recorded 2 hits, while RF Kevin Rivers (1×4) recorded the team’s only other hit in the
game. Starter Trever Miller (6.0,5,4,4,3,4) recorded his 4th loss of the season, after allowing 4 runs on 5 hits over 6.0 innings. LH Kyle Hunter (2.0,0,0,0,3,1) and RH Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,1,0,0,0,0) combined to hold the Blue Wahoos scoreless over the final 3.0
• SS Ketel Marte has reached base safely in 13 straight home games batting .404, with 4 doubles, 1 RBI, 5 walks and a .456 on-base percentage. Marte has also hit in 8 of 10 games and the 13-game home on-base streak is the 2nd-longes in the SL.
• OF Dan Paolini has reached base safely in 10 straight home games batting .250 with 3 doubles, 1 home run, 7 RBI, 5 walks and a .385 on-base percentage.
HOW MANY STARTERS SO FAR!?!?:
• After Sunday’s spot start by LH Jordan Shipers, the Generals have used 11 starters in the first 25 games of the season. Trevor Miller, Stephen Landazuri, Victor Sanchez, Jordan Pries, Cam Hobson, Taijuan Walker, Kyle Hunter, Moises Hernandez, Jochi Ogando, James Gillheeney, and Shipers.
WON’T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT:
• Generals batters have struck out the fewest amount of times in the Southern League so far in 2014 (174, 6.5 SO/G).
• OF Leon Landry (1/14) leads the league in total plate appearances per strikeout (1/12.1), with OF Jamal Austin ranking 2nd.
• RHP Mayckol Guaipe has not allowed an earned run over 15.0 innings to begin the season (8 G). He has limited opponents .196 (11×56) average, while walking 1 and striking out 15.
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has allowed 1 earned run over his last 13.0 innings in relief (9 G). Overall this season he is 1-0 with 2 saves and a 1.26 ERA (2 ER, 14.1 IP) in 10 relief appearances. He has limited opponents to a .241 average (13×54), while walking 1 and striking out 16.
• LHP James Gillheeney is 1-0 with a 1.64 ERA (2 ER, 11.0 IP) in 2 starts with Jackson.
AROUND THE MARINERS MINORS YESTERDAY:
• AAA: at Tacoma 6, Las Vegas 4 – 14-12, T1st, -1.0 W-Arias (1-1)/S-Bawcom (3). The Rainiers scored 5 runs in the bottom of the 8th ining, as Tacoma came-from-behind to defeat Las Vegas 6-4 on Friday night.
• A+: at High Desert 13, Visalia 11 17-12, T1st, +5.0 W-Kittredge (2-0)/S-Chen (1). 1B Patrick Kivlehan recorded 4 hits and drove in 4 runs as High Desert defeated Visalia 13-11 on Friday night. For the 2nd consecutive night, all 9 players in the Mavericks starting lineup recorded at least 1 hit.
• A-: Clinton 8, at Wisconsin 4 13-13, 5th, -5.0 W-Huijer (1-1). Starter Lars Huijer allowed 1 run over 6.0 inings and C Marcus Littlewood drove in 4 runs as Clinton defeated Wisconsin 8-4 on Friday night.
HOSTING THE WAHOOS:
• The Generals host the Pensacola Blue Wahoos for the only time this season, April 30-May 4 at The Ballpark at Jackson.
• The lone trip to Pensacola for Jackson will be August 6-10 at Pensacola Bayfront Stadium.
• The Generals were 6-4 last season against the Wahoos and since coming into the league in 2012 Jackson is 16-12 against the Cincinnati Reds’ Double-A affiliate.