Game Central (Monday, June 2) vs. Huntsville
Game #57: Jackson Generals (23-33) vs. Huntsville Stars (39-18) | 7:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Forrest Snow (0-0, 0.00) vs. LHP Brent Suter (6-3, 2.55)
Promotions: Family Fun Day
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals continue a 5-game series and homestand tonight against the 1st place Huntsville Stars (1-1)…dropped 6 of 10 on recent road trip to Jacksonville and Mobile…have dropped 8 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• Starter Matt Anderson and relievers Stephen Shackleford and Mayckol Guaipe combined on a 5-hit shutout as Jackson defeated Huntsville 7-0 on Sunday night.
• Anderson (5.0,3,0,0,2,3) recorded his first Double-A win, allowing 3 hits, while walking 2 and striking out 3 in 5.0 scoreless innings. Shackleford (1.2,2,0,0,1,2) held the Stars scoreless over 1.2 innings, while Guaipe (2.1,0,0,0,2,4) earned his 2nd save after striking out 4 batters in 2.1 hitless innings.
• SS Ketel Marte (2×5, 2 R, RBI), 1B Dan Paolini (2×3, 2 RBI, BB), C Manny Pina (2×4, R, 2B) and 2B Jack Marder (2×4, R, RBI) each recorded 2 of the Generals 12 hits.
GENERALS TRYING TO PLAY SPOILER TO STARS:
• Entering play on Monday, the Huntsville Stars magic number to clinch the SL North title is just 1. They lead the Tennessee Smokies by 12.5 games with 13 games to play in the half. It would be their first division title since 2007 and their 39-18 record is 2nd-best in MiLB.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• A shutout on Sunday – The 7-0 shutout was Jackson’s 4th on the season and 1st since April 30 vs. PNS…it was only the 2nd time this season Huntsville had been shutout (last April 16 at MIS).
• SS Ketel Marte currently has an 8-game hit streak, batting .343 (12×35) with 6 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 2 stolen base. Marte hit safely in 20 of 26 games in May, batting .291 (32×110) with 12 runs scored, 9 doubles, 2 triple, 11 RBI, 3 walks and 8 stolen bases.
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan has recorded a hit in 9 of his last 11 games, batting .308 (12×39) with 4 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 8 RBI, 6 walks and 2 stolen bases.
• INF Dan Paolini has hit safely in 13 of his last 14 games, batting .357 (20×56) with 6 runs scored, 5 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 10 RBI and 5 walks.
• Toughest to strikeout – Jack Marder (1/9.81) ranks 2nd while Leon Landry(1/9.00) is 4th-toughest to strikeout in the Southern League.
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed an earned run in 15 of his 19 relief appearances this season, going 1-1 with 4 saves and a 1.33 ERA (4 ER, 27.0 IP). He has limited opponents to a .233 (24×103) average, while walking 3 and striking out 29.
KIVLEHAN SETTLING IN AND ON TOP OF ORGANIZATION:
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan has played 55 games split between High Desert and Jackson, batting .259, with 11 home runs, 45 RBI’s, 10 doubles, 3 triples, and a .329 on-base percentage.
Mariners Organizational Leaders:
Home Runs RBI’s
Patrick Kivlehan 11 (JXN) Patrick Kivlehan 45 (JXN)
Jordy Lara 11 (HD) Gabriel Guerrero 40 (HD)
Jabari Blash 10 (TAC) D.J. Peterson 40 (HD)
Jabari Henry 10 (HD) Jordy Lara 39 (HD)
D.J. Peterson 10 (HD) Jabari Blash 37 (TAC)
HELLO AGAIN STARS, WE ARE LOOKING UP AT YOU:
• The Generals and Huntsville Stars meet 25 times this season and are each others most common opponent.
• The Stars have the best record in the Southern League at 39 -18 and lead the North by 12.5 games and rank 1st in the league in runs, stolen bases, WHIP, saves and 2nd in the league in ERA.