Game Central (Tuesday, June 3) vs. Huntsville
Game #57: Jackson Generals (24-33) vs. Huntsville Stars (39-19) | 7:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Victor Sanchez (1-2, 5.40) vs. LHP Jed Bradley (0-0, 0.00)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• Tonight the Generals look to win their first series since April 14-18 at Tennesseee. Tonight is game 4 of the 5-game series with Huntsville (2-1)…dropped 6 of 10 on recent road trip to Jacksonville and Mobile…have dropped 8 straight series’ after winning the first 3 of the year.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored 6 runs in the bottom of the first inning, including a grand slam by Dario Pizzano, as Jackson cruised to a 9-4 8.0-inning rain-shortened win over Huntsville on Monday night.
• DH Manny Pina (3×4, 2 R, 2B, HR, RBI led the team with 3 hits, while Pizzano (1×2, R, GS HR, 5 RBI, BB) drove in 5 of the team’s 9 runs. It was Pizzano’s first career grand slam, while also setting a career high in RBI. SS Ketel Marte (2×5, R) and 2B Jack Marder (2×3, 3B, RBI, BB) each recorded 2 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (1×4, 2 R), 1B Dan Paolini (1×3, R, RBI, BB) and C John Hicks (1×4) each had 1 of the team’s 11 hits.
Starter Forrest Snow, allowed 3 runs on 3 hits in 4.2 innings, but did not factor into the decision in his first start of the season. LH Nick Hill (2.1,3,1,0,1,2) earned his first with with Jackson, allowing 1 runs (0 ER) on 3 hits in 2.1 innings in relief, while RH Stephen Kohlscheen (1.0,0,0,0,1,0) tossed a scoreless 8th
inning to secure the win.
HEY NOW, YOU’RE AN ALL-STAR!:
• The Southern League announced on Tuesday that Jackson SS Ketel Marte and right-handed reliever Stephen Kohlscheen had been named to the SL North All-Star squad. The game will be played on June 17 at AT&T Field in Chattanooga. Marte, 20 is the youngest member of the All-Star team. The South Division roster will be released tomorrow.
HELLO AGAIN STARS, WE ARE LOOKING UP AT YOU:
• The Generals and Huntsville Stars meet 25 times this season and are each others most common opponent.
• The Stars have the best record in the Southern League at 39 -19 and clinched the SL North title on Monday night 1st in the league in runs, stolen bases, WHIP, saves and 2nd in the league in ERA.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Grand Salami Time – Dario Pizzano’s grand slam on Monday was already the 4th this season by a General. (Jabari Blash (4/3@CHA, 5th), Kevin Rivers (4/11 MIS, 5th), Dan Paolini (5/10 TNS, 2nd). Four is the most in the Southern League.
• A shutout on Sunday – The 7-0 shutout was Jackson’s 4th on the season and 1st since April 30 vs. PNS…it was only the 2nd time this season Huntsville had been shutout (last April 16 at MIS).
• SS Ketel Marte currently has a 9-game hit streak, batting .350 (14×40) with 7 runs scored, 2 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 2 stolen base.
• OF Dan Paolini has hit safely in 14 of his last 15 games, batting .356 (21×59) with 7 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 11 RBI and 6 walks.
• C Manny Pina has hit safely in 9 of his last 10 games,
batting .389 (14×36) with 9 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 home runs, 7 RBI and 5 walks.
OF Jamal Austin currently has a 5-game hit steak, batting .400 (8×20) with 5 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple and 1 stolen base.
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed an earned run in 16
of his 20 relief appearances this season, going 1-1 with 4 saves and a 1.29 ERA (4 ER, 28.0 IP). He has limited opponents to a .226 (24×106) average, while walking 4 and striking out 29.