Game Central (Wednesday, June 4) vs. Huntsville
Game #59: Jackson Generals (25-33) vs. Huntsville Stars (39-20) | 12:05 pm CT | The Ballpark at Jackson
Pitching Match-Up: RHP Trevor Miller (4-5, 4.08) vs. RHP Andy Moye (1-0, 0.77)
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals conclude the 5-game series today against Huntsville (3-1) looking to take 4 of 5 from an opponent for the first time this season…this is the first series win since April 14-18 at Tennesseee…are 4-5 against the Huntsville Stars this season…will begin a 5-game series at Birmingham on Thursday night at Regions Field.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored in 4 of the first 5 innings and tallied 9 runs as Jackson recorded their 3rd straight victory with a 9-6 win over
Huntsville on Tuesday night.
• 3B Patrick Kivlehan (3×4, 2 R, 3 2B, 2 RBI, BB) led the team with 3 hits, while CF Jamal Austin (2×4, 2 R) and C Manny Pina (2×4, 2 R, RBI, BB) each recorded 2 of the Generals 12 hits. Kivlehan and 1B Daniel Paolini (1×4, R, 2 RBI, BB) each drove in 2 runs for the
• Generals. Starter Victor Sanchez (4.0,5,3,2,1,5,HR) allowed 3 runs (2 ER) on 5 hits in 4.0 innings, but did not factor in the decision. LH Kyle Hunter (2.2,1,1,0,3,1) recorded his first win of the season, allowing only 1 unearned run in 2.2 innings in relief. RH Richard Vargas (2.0,3,2,2,1,1) allowed a run in each the 8th and 9th innings, while RH Stephen Kohlscheen (0.1,0,0,0,0,0) picked up the save after recording the final out of the game and stranding 1 runner on base.
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Have won 6 of 10…batting .284 over last 10 games and .319 over last 5 games…only team in SL to win first 3 games in June.
• Out-scoring the Stars – The Generals have out-scored Huntsville 25-10 over the current 3-game winning streak.
• SS Ketel Marte currently has a 10-game hit streak, batting .333 (15×45) with 7 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 5 RBI and 3 stolen bases.
• OF Dan Paolini has hit safely in 15 of his last 16 games, batting .349 (22×63) with 8 runs scored, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 13 RBI and 6 walks.
• C Manny Pina has hit safely in 10 of his last 11 games, batting .400 (16×40) with 11 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 home runs, 8 RBI and 5 walks.
OF Jamal Austin currently has a 6-game hit steak, batting .417 (10×24) with 7 runs scored, 1 double, 1 triple and 1 stolen base.
• RH Stephen Kohlscheen has not allowed an earned run in 17
of his 21 relief appearances this season, going 1-1 with 5 saves and a 1.27 ERA (4 ER, 28.1 IP). He has limited opponents to a .224 (24×107) average, while walking 4 and striking out 29.
BRUTAL STRETCH OF GAMES:
• The Generals are in a current stretch of playing 25 games in 25 days to close out the first half…also have played 44 games in 46 days with 1 travel day and 1 game cancelled due to rain.
HELLO AGAIN STARS, WE ARE LOOKING UP AT YOU:
• The Generals and Huntsville Stars meet 25 times this season and are each others most common opponent.
• The Stars have the best record in the Southern League at 39 -19 and clinched the SL North title on Monday night 1st in the league in runs, stolen bases, WHIP, saves and 2nd in the league in ERA.
HEY NOW, YOU’RE AN ALL-STAR!:
• The Southern League announced on Tuesday that Jackson SS Ketel Marte and right-handed reliever Stephen Kohlscheen had been named to the SL North All-Star squad. The game will be played on June 17 at AT&T Field in Chattanooga. Marte, 20 is the youngest member of the All-Star team. The South Division roster will be released tomorrow.