Game Central (Saturday, August 16) vs. Birmingham
Game #124: Jackson Generals 25-29 (56-67) vs. Birmingham Barons 25-29 (54-70)
Time/Place: 6:05 pm CT | Ballpark at Jackson | Jackson, Tennessee
Pitching Match-Up: LHP Tyler Pike (3-2, 7.46) vs. RHP Myles Jaye (3-10, 5.86)
Promotions: Elvis Night, Elvis Impersonator Brian Lee Howell w/ Postgame Concert, High Tech Special Effects Fireworks, United Way Night
Radio: 96.5 ESPN | Listen Live Online | TuneIn Radio App | IPAD or IPHONE
Live Stats: Live pitch-by-pitch coverage will be available on MILB GAMEDAY
Generals Videos: Watch Generals Highlights and Features
Generals Blog: Inside the Jackson Generals
Social Media: Twitter / Facebook
• The Generals wrap up a 6-game series in 5 days with their North Division rival Birmingham Barons tonight (3-2)…Jackson is 9-5 this season against the Barons and 6-3 in games played in Jackson…the Generals have won 4 of their last 7 series’ overall.
• The game can be heard on 96.5 ESPN, online at jacksongeneralsbaseball.com or TuneIn Radio.
• The Generals scored a run in the bottom of the first inning for a 1-0 lead, but allowed 3 unanswered runs as Jackson fell to Birmingham 3-1 on Friday night.
• CF Leon Landry (3×4, R, 2B, SB) and DH Dario Pizzano (2×4, 2B) combined to record 5 of the Generals 8 hits.
• Starter Victor Sanchez (6.0,8,2,2,4,4) recorded the loss, allowing 2 runs on 8 hits over 6.0 innings. RH Trevor Miller (2.0,0,1,0,0,0) and RH Stephen Shackleford (1.0,0,0,0,0,3) combined to allow 1 run (0 ER) over 3.0 hitless innings in relief.
LARA LEADING THE MINORS IN HITS:
• Jordy Lara currently has 161 hits this season between High Desert and Jackson, which leads all of the minors…Wilmer Difo of the HagerstownTigers is 2nd with 159…Lara also ranks T-5th in the minors in extra-base hits (62) and 11th in OPS (.991).
DID YOU KNOW?
• YOU ALREADY KNEW that Leon Landry recorded his 25th stolen base on Friday, but DID YOU KNOW? that Landry recorded 25 stolen bases for the 3rd time in his career which spans 4 full seasons. (28 in 2011 & 27 in 2012)
ODDS AND ENDS:
• Barons visit Jackson again – The Generals are hosting Birmingham for the second time this season and are 6-3 in games at Jackson and 9-5 overall…As a team the Generals are batting .303 against Birmingham this season with 70 runs scored in 14 games.
• Since 2005, the Generals/Diamond Jaxx are 46-25 (.648) against the Barons in games played in Jackson.
• Getting it done on the mound – Jackson is 8-6 in August and posted a 2.87 ERA.
• Over his last 3 starts in August, LH Tyler Olson is 2-1 with a 0.47 ERA (1 ER, 19.1 IP). During this stretch he has limited opponents to a .200 (14×70) average, while walking 4 and striking out 16.
• LH Kyle Hunter has not allowed a run over his last 16.1 innings (9G/1GS). During this stretch, since July 16, Hunter has limited opponents to a .193 (11×57) average, while walking 4 and striking 7.
• Since May 24, RH Stephen Shackleford is 3-1 with a 1.38 ERA (4 ER, 26.0 IP) in 20 relief appearances. During this 20 game stretch he has lowered his season ERA from 4.71 to 3.13, while striking out 38 batters in 26.0 innings.
• RHP Trevor Miller earned his 2nd save in his last 3 outings Tuesday night. Miller is now 2-1, with a 1.64 ERA, with 39 strikeouts and 11 walks in 14 games as a reliever. As a starter, Miller is 3-7, with a 5.45 ERA, with 46 strikeouts and 30 walks in 13 starts.
• C Steve Baron has hit safely in 6 straight games, including 4 straight multi-hit efforts, batting .500 (11×22) with 2 runs, 3 doubles, 3 RBI and a stolen base. He has upped his average from .175 to .290.
• INF Patrick Kivlehan currently has a 7-game hit steak, batting .407 (11×27) with 6 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 1 home run, 6 RBI and 2 walks. He has also hit safely in 12 of his last 13 games, batting .375 (18×48) with 10 runs scored, 3 doubles, 1 triple, 2 home runs, 8 RBI, 6 walks and 3 stolen bases.
• After recording 1 hit in his first 14 AA at-bats (.071), OF Jordy Lara his hit safely in 12 of his last 14 games, batting .358 (19×53) with 6 runs scored, 7 doubles, 1 home run, 13 RBI and 3 walks. Overall Lara is batting .299 (20×67) with 7 runs scored, 8 doubles, 1 home run, 13 RBI and 6 walks in 18 games with Jackson.
GENERALS CLOSE SEASON WITH 21 GAMES IN 21 DAYS:
• The Generals are in the midst of playing 21 games in 21 days to close the season (3-2) including 6 more home games (BIR, CHA) with road trips to Huntsville and Montgomery. 11 of the final 16 games are against North Division foes. Jackson is 32-27 against their remaining opponents.
KIVLEHAN IS AT THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE:
• INF/OF Patrick Kivlehan currently ranks 1st in the Southern League in batting (.321) and 3rd in slugging percentage (.524). Kivlehan also ranks 4th in the M’s organization in average (.308), 4th in HR (19) and 2nd in RBI (95) between Jackson and High Desert. Kivlehan ranks T-2nd in all of MiLB having played in 122 games this season. He ranks 4th in the minors in RBIs with 95.
Southern League Leaders in Batting Average:
Rank Player Team AVG
1st Patrick Kivlehan JXN .320
2nd Jake Lamb MOB .318
3rd Rangel Ravelo BIR .314
4th Tom Belza MOB .311
T-5th Ryan Brett MTG .305
T5th Kevan Smith BIR .305